This academic department focuses on enhancing the mental structure of participants to help them be more capable of accurately analyzing and diagnosing situations that arise in business. It also provides them with the right methodology to be able to manage the uncertainty with wich managers are faced in decision-making.
Alberto Ibarra Garza
Professor & Chair of the Decision Analysis Department
Adjunct Director of Special Programs – Monterrey Campus
- Doctor in Management (PhD), IESE Business School, Spain.
- Master in Research in Management (MRM), IESE Business School, Spain.
- Full-Time MBA, IPADE Business School, Mexico.
- Public Accountant (CP), UANL, Mexico.rrey.
- Strategy and Operations Consulting, Deloitte Consulting Group.
- Financial Auditing, KPMG.
Advisory Projects and/or participation in Managerial Boards:
Agribusiness industry (Agrotitanes & Betti Solutions), Urban Movility (BKT Bici Pública), Cargo Transportation (Aeromexpress Cargo & Grupo Transportes Huerta), Variable Printing (Total Systems de México), Steel (Villacero), Oil & Gas (PEMEX), Construction (Urbi & Estudio 3.14), Diversified Groups (Grupo Tampico & Grupo Gigante), Food (Grupo Vegalsa), Digital Advertising (Google), among others.
- Decision Analysis Professor, IPADE Business School, Mexico.
- Conference chair of “Advancing Management Research in Latin America” (Academy of Management).
- Full-Time MBA Academic Director, IPADE Business School, Mexico.
- Academic Committee Member, IPADE Business School, Mexico.
- Visiting Professor:
- IESE Business School, Spain.
- INALDE Business School, Colombia.
- Barna Management School, Dominican Republic.
- UNIS Business School, Guatemala.
- Academic and Managerial Publications:
- Book: Quantitative Methods for Management – A Practical Approach.
- Teaching Cases: Multiple cases at IPADE Publishing & IESE Publishing.
- Opinion articles: Multiple articles at El Universal, El Economista & Forbes.
- Behavioral Science
- Business Intelligence
- Data Science
Javier Duarte Schlageter
Decision Analysis Professor
Financial Management Professor
- Master’s degree in Government and Culture of the Organizations, Universidad del Istmo, Guatemala (with the collaboration of the Instituto Empresa y Humanismo de la Universidad de
Navarra, Spain), 2016.
- Executive MBA, IPADE Business School.
- Executive MBA, UNIS Business School, Universidad del Istmo, Guatemala.
- BS in Applied Mathematics, Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala (USAC).
- Focused Program “La correcta toma de decisiones: pilar básico en tiempos complejos”, IESE Business School, 2012.
- Colloquium on Participant-Centered Learning, Harvard Business School, 2007.
- Business advisor in Mexico, Guatemala and El Salvador.
- Member of several Boards of Directors in Mexico, Guatemala and El Salvador.
- Guest Professor at IDE Business School, Quito and Guayaquil, Ecuador, 2008 up to date.
- Guest Professor in the Finance Division at the Instituto de Estudios Empresariales de Montevideo, IEEM, Uruguay, 2000 up to date.
- Professor of Finance and Decision Analysis, UNIS Business School, Universidad del Istmo, Guatemala 1990 up to date.
- Finanzas operativas: un coloquio. Co-author with Lorenzo Fernández.
- Finanzas estructurales: otro coloquio, co-author with Lorenzo Fernández Alonso.
- Finanzas de valuación: un nuevo coloquio, co-author with Lorenzo Fernández Alonso.
- Project evaluation of investment
- Business appraisal
- Finance transaction
- Treasury management
- Decision Analysis Process
- Qualitative factors in Decision Analysis
Miguel Ochoa Torres
- MD in Statistics, Centro de Estudios Económicos y Demográficos, El Colegio de México (COLMEX).
- Executive Officers Management Program, Instituto Panamericano de Alta Dirección de Empresa (IPADE Business School).
- BS in Actuary, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM).
- Founder and Chief Executive Officer of several corporations within the IT business.
- Advisor and Member of the Board for several family businesses in Mexico City.
- Advisor to various self financing corporations in the car business, agricultural machinery dealers and consumption products distributors.
- Member of the Board of Directors of a number of corporations.
- Guest to the colloquium “Teaching and the Case Method,” along a group of 80 professors from the best business schools in the world, organized to celebrate the 75º anniversary of the Harvard Business School foundation. Presented a case latterly incorporated to the book Teaching and the Case Method, by Professor Roland Christensen.
- Guest professor to teach the program “Doing Business in Mexico”, at the Richard Ivey School of Business, Canada.
- Visiting researcher to collaborate with Professor Sherwood C. Frey, Harvard Business School, 1978-1979.
- Member of the International Faculty of the program “Achieving Breakthrough Service” jointly organized by business schools like Harvard, IAE, IESE, IPADE and Ivey in Boston, Toronto, Miami and Mexico, since 1994.
- Member of the International Faculty of the program “Value Chain Management”, carried on by Harvard Business School and IPADE, 2003 and 2004.
- Director, promoter and professor of the course “The art of negotiating”, along with professor Sherwood C. Frey, from Darden School of Business.
- El fracaso del éxito. Brainware, 2010.
- g 2 , Ganas-gano. El maravilloso juego de la negociación prudencial. Brainware, 2009.
- RION GEO y Valores, tres instrumentos para generar valor. Brainware, 1998.
- Futuro: ¿adivinarlo?… ¿o forjárnoslo? International Thomson Editores, 1994.
- Asignación de recursos. Limusa, 1979.
- Negotiation strategies
- Mathematical models for decision making
- Risk analysis and prevention
- Analytical thought focused on action