These programs help leaders strengthen the skills they need to effectively manage the challenges and changes of the modern business world.
Today’s global business environment requires companies to focus on new and emerging issues as they arise, and business leaders and executives must be at the top of their game in order to improve both their performance and the performance of their teams.
IPADE’s standardized Focused Programs cover the interdisciplinary topics business leaders need to respond to current and future management training issues, providing participants the opportunity to engage with the latest cutting-edge management and leadership trends.
EXPLORE THE PROGRAMS
SENIOR MANAGEMENT PROGRAM IN AGRIBUSINESS (ADEA)
The ADEA program is focused on increasing the leadership, productivity, and competitiveness of executives in agribusiness companies. Participants are given the opportunity to engage with and analyze the primary topics and factors that will determine the future of their industry.
Through a detailed analysis of each link in the value chain and the specific issues that impact various business areas, the ADEA program will help participants improve their human, financial, strategic, commercial, and technological resource management in order to increase their competitiveness and differentiate their products and services from those produced by other countries, regions, or companies.
- The primary sector: The first link in the agribusiness value chain
- Commercialization for agribusiness companies
- The agroprocessing industry: The second link in the agribusiness value chain
- The political and economic environment of the agribusiness sector
- Distribution channels: The third link in the agribusiness value chain
- Distribution and supply chains
- Profitability and financing
- Leadership and management
- Control and data management
Chairpersons, business owners, board members, general managers, and functional managers with ample experience in the agribusiness sector whose businesses form part of any link in the industry’s value chain
Sessions will be taught by IPADE faculty and experts from the agribusiness sector.
Format: In-person: Mexico City, Guadalajara, and Guanajuato
Duration: 5 modules
- Mexico City: August 11, 2021
- Guanajuato: April 14, 2021
- Guadalajara: April 20, 2021
COLLOQUIUM ON FAMILY BUSINESS
Family businesses form the base of the economy and enjoy many advantages that other organizations struggle to achieve. However, in order to successfully sustain the business and maintain harmony, it is crucial for family business members to pause and establish a sincere dialogue about the businesses’ past, present, and above all, its future.
The only program of its kind in Latin America, the Colloquium on Family Business is focused on supporting open and productive communication so that each family can comprehensively assess and evaluate the current state of the business and their family dynamics in a completely private environment. The input provided by each family member will help create a comprehensive vision for the enterprise and establish a solid base for its future.
- Family dynamics
- Guiding and managing the company
- Finances in family businesses
- Governance in family businesses
- Legal framework: Leaving a legacy
In order to get the most out of the Colloquium, we recommend the full participation of the entire family in groups of three or more. For groups where only two family members participate, one participant must be the CEO.
Format: In person at the Grand Fiesta Americana Angelópolis in Puebla
Duration: 4 days
Dates: From September 28-October 1, 2021
BOARDS IN ACTION
In order to support the success and future of a business, board members must understand an enterprise and its environment, ask the right questions, listen, discuss, establish consensus, consider diverse perspectives, learn, teach, expect greatness, and bring their best selves to the table.
The Boards in Action Program supports the institutionalization of a business by strengthening its board members. This program is also ideal to support succession and continuity planning within family businesses.
The knowledge, tools, and relationship building opportunities provided by the program will allow participants to establish the scope of these governance bodies and support their effective implementation within their organizations or within the organizations where they participate as independent directors.
- Business owners, chairpersons, or CEOs, as well as partners and shareholders interested in institutionalizing their enterprise by creating or strengthening its board of directors.
- Experienced independent board members that would like to strengthen and professionalize their capacities as board members.
- Weekly modules implemented in Cancún, Chihuahua, and Veracruz.
Chihuahua: August 10, 2021
Veracruz: August 24, 2021
Cancún: August 26, 2021
Hybrid (online and in person):
- 16 plenary sessions and 8 discussion sessions (online)
- 14 in-person sessions at the Mexico City Campus
- Start Date: September 21, 2021
MANAGEMENT FOR SERVICES 3.0
The pandemic has radically changed our lifestyles and consumption habits. Consumers today look very different than they did just a few months ago—they are more demanding, more rational, and more cautious in their spending. Their priorities have changed: they now appreciate efficiency and aren’t interested in extras. Faced with this new reality, service providers must adjust to customer’s shifting expectations and understand, test, and learn about the new experiences customer’s want.
This program uses the McKinsey 7S Framework to help strengthen an internal customer-focused culture to create value, differentiate the organization from the rest, and increase profitability.
- The 7s framework
- Online self-assessment
- Loyalty as a differentiating factor
- The challenge of efficiency
- Creating experiences that respond to the new normal
- Customer profitability and profit per employee
- The challenges of scaling a service
- Service metrics
- Service innovations
- Design thinking workshop
- Learning, adapting, and experimenting
- Creating a culture of service
- Company visit*
Faculty: The program is taught by faculty from IPADE Business School and IAE Business School.
Format: In person at IPADE’s Mexico City Campus
Dates: Starts August 10, 2021
* The company visit will provide participants the opportunity to immerse themselves in best practices to create and deliver an unforgettable customer experience. Participants will visit a world-class Mexican company that is a leader in its field.
THE HUMAN SIDE OF THE MANAGER
The world is changing—business leaders, with their dizzying professional careers, intense and demanding activities, and enormous responsibilities, are more familiar than most with this increasing uncertainty. During this unprecedented and difficult time, this burden has become even greater. However, human nature, in its most fundamental expression, remains the same.
The Human Side of the Manager is designed to encourage business leaders and executives to look beyond their professional challenges and successes to reflect on the core aspects of their personal lives.
- Support personal development through a discussion of practical examples that share the challenges and dilemmas of the human condition.
- Provide a holistic vision of the whole person that can be used to inform both personal and inter-personal behavior.
- Help participants recognize their personal achievements through an in-depth analysis of human nature in business.
- Support participants as they set well-rounded goals for the future.
Entrepreneurs and executives with extensive managerial experience interested in pausing to reflect and discuss the issues that impact their professional and personal lives. This program is open to all business leaders, and participants do not have to be IPADE Alumni.
Date: Starts on September 2, 2021
Duration: 24 sessions
INNOVATION FOR SENIOR MANAGEMENT (INNOVAD)
In today’s complex, uncertain, and volatile environment where technology has become an inescapable component of the new normal, innovation is more critical than ever to establish a sustainable competitive advantage.
Executives and entrepreneurs have an opportunity to create value through innovation. The IPADE innovAD program provides a comprehensive overview of corporate innovation from a senior management perspective.
- Basics of innovation and identifying opportunities
- Selecting initiatives and managing an innovation portfolio
- Implementing innovative initiatives: Processes and structures
- Aligning innovation with the current business
- Leadership and culture
- Entrepreneurs and CEOs from mid- and large-sized Mexican companies who recognize the need for innovation and have the capacity to implement innovative initiatives, but need to strengthen their skills.
- Executives from national and transnational companies responsible for implementing innovative initiatives within their organizations.
FORMAT | DURATION | DATES
Weekly sessions held every Wednesday (2 sessions) and Thursday (1 session) mornings
Starts on May 12, 2021
Duration: 12 weeks
InnovAD in person
Held at the Guadalajara Campus
Online access will be available to participants who miss any of the sessions.
Start date: June 14, 202
PROGRAM FOR CHAIRPERSONS AND BOARD MEMBERS
The board of directors is a crucial governing body that connects shareholders with a company’s leadership team and plays a key role in the company’s development and performance by ensuring its long-term viability and stability.
This program’s objective is to help chairpersons and board members strengthen their capacity to effectively institutionalize the companies they govern.
- Strengthen the institutionalization and corporate governance of the company through its board of directors.
- Professionalize board members’ management skills, including refining their business vision and strengthening their ability to effectively steer the company.
- Increase the company’s competitiveness, profitability, and sustainability to create maximum value for shareholders, team members, and other stakeholders, including the community, investment funds, and investors.
- Chairpersons, business owners, and CEOs with more than 10 years of experience as board members
Internal and independent board members, shareholders, and investors that have served on the boards of established companies
- Executives with experience serving on the boards of established companies and/or non-profit organizations
Format: Single, in-person module
Dates: September 7-10, 2021
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH EMERITUS
IPADE Business School has partnered with online learning platform Emeritus to offer a portfolio of high-impact, online programs. Working with Emeritus gives us the ability to reach beyond our campuses to provide engaging, collaborative courses that stay true to the academic quality that distinguishes IPADE.
NEGOTIATION. AN ART AND A SCIENCE
The objective of this program is to provide participants the skills they need to effectively negotiate, including identifying their negotiation style and providing opportunities to practice and develop the skills they need to succeed. Combining business and behavioral science, this course uses role play and other simulations to help participants gain negotiating experience.
- Strengthening personal skills
- Compete or collaborate?
- Are win-wins possible in the real world?
- My asks and my wants aren’t necessarily the same
- Implementing collective construction during negotiation
- Identifying cognitive bias and psychological traps in negotiation
- Tools to use when negotiating in uncertain contexts
- Integrating my negotiation toolkit
– Executives from businesses in any sector or size
– Small- and medium-size business owners
– Decision-makers that manage teams
FORMAT | DURATION | DATES
Start date: June 28, 2021
Duration: 9 weeks
CHALLENGES AND DYNAMICS OF FAMILY BUSINESSES
“Family businesses have significant long-term advantages vs. non-family businesses. However, they also require more effort to ensure their continued success generation after generation.” Ricardo Aparicio, Director of the Organizational Behavior Area and the BBVA Research Center for Family Businesses
This course is focused on helping business families become a positive factor that contributes to the success of their company and ensures the unity and family harmony necessary to successfully manage succession and generational change.
- Family business owners
- Family members involved in the family business
- Executives involved in a family business
FORMAT | DURATION | DATES
Start date: June 21, 2021
Duration: 7 weeks
STRATEGIC AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT IN TIMES OF CRISIS
Understanding a problem is the first step towards solving it. The objective of this program is to help participants master an operational finance ‘toolkit’ linked to their business model. The program’s practical approach encourages participants to develop fine-tuned analysis and problem-solving skills to help them manage uncertain times.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Optimize their operational finances*
- Identify solutions to complex problems
- Improve resource allocation
- Learn techniques to improve cash flow management
- Successfully manage disruption
*Operational finances refers to the management of current assets and short-term liabilities and address problems related to the operation of the business based on the volume of operations, the business’s environment, and the day-to-day evolution of the business.
FORMAT | DURATION | DATES
Start date: August 16, 2021
Duration: 7 weeks