In compliance with the provisions of Article 17, section II of the Federal Law on Protection of Personal Data in Possession of Individuals we inform you that Sociedad Panamericana de Estudios Empresariales, A.C. -IPADE- (The “Responsible”), with registered office established in Floresta 20, Col. Claveria, Del. Azcapotzalco, Mexico, DF, CP 02080, will process all personal data obtained from you only for the following purposes:
- Activities related to those educational services offered by IPADE
- IPADE’s own administrative activities
- Recruitment and staff selection process in IPADE
- Monitor and follow up procedures for admission to Programs offered by IPADE
- Assigning a user account to access IPADE’s electronic and computer systems
- Integration and distribution of the directory of candidates, participants and/or graduates, also in the creation of year-books
- Updating database of IPADE’s candidates, participants, and graduates
- Attending guests, candidates, participants and graduates that coming to IPADE’s events
- Sending physical and/or electronic information about events, Programs and other IPADE or Universidad Panamericana related information
- Expanding the database of candidates with those recommended by the collaborators
- Sending information about participants and graduates to companies conducting rankings on business schools
- Contacting institutions that grant academic degrees with the purpose of validating information
- Conferring benefits as a graduate
- Using the graduates’ names and images to present successful stories about their academic and professional careers
- Sending academic or promotional documents
Therefore, and to achieve the purposes aforementioned, the following personal data will be processed: name, marital status, date of birth, photograph, phone, office phone, cell phone number, job title, personal email, company email, address (business or home), profession, nationality, company name, and billing information.
During the program, photographs will be taken of the facilities of our candidates, participants and graduates with the intention of capturing the essence of IPADE, as well as for use in advertising and marketing campaigns in accordance with institutional policies, if you object to this processing please follow the ARCO Procedure.
The Responsible has appointed a manager of personal data (the “Privacy Officer”), therefore, you may limit the use or disclosure of your information by contacting the Privacy Officer at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to limit the use and disclosure of your personal information the Responsible has established internal privacy policies that will regulate the processes performed in each area and will appoint those staff members who, because of the roles they play, will be able to access the information. Similarly, computer programs are installed to generate reports and to allow mapping the flow of information handled within the Institute.
Similarly, you have the right to: (I) access your personal data in our possession, and to know the details of its use, (II) correct it, if inaccurate or incomplete, (III) cancel it whenever you consider that it is not required for any of the purposes mentioned in this Privacy Notice, or in case it is being used for nonconsensual purposes or in case the contractual service has ended, or (IV) oppose its processing for certain specific purposes, as provided by the law (all this together with, the “ARCO Rights”).
Your personal data may be shared, without requiring your prior consent, with the following individuals or corporations:
- Legal or government authorities, via a judicial request or by virtue of law, in order to comply with current regulations.
- The personal data of a current participant or alum may be shared with current participants or alums of other programs.
Additionally, your personal data (with the exception of financial, asset, or sensitive information) may be shared, with your prior consent, with the following individuals or corporations:
- Individuals and/or corporations dedicated to marketing and advertising
- Recruitment firms or job seekers.
- Individuals and/or corporations dedicated to development and fundraising for IPADE projects.
- Corporations responsible for publishing rankings on business schools in which IPADE is interested in participating.
- Corporations responsible for organizing IPADE events.
You can refuse or revoke your consent regarding sharing your personal data at any time by sending an e-mail to our Head of Privacy. If no such e-mail is received, it will be assumed that you have given your consent.
To revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data by the Responsible and exercise your ARCO rights, you must submit a request using the form (“Request to Exercise ARCO Rights”), which you shall send to the Privacy Officer to the mail email@example.com, accompanied by the following information and documentation in the original (for comparison) and copy:
- I. Your name, complete address (street, inside or outside number, district, zip code, city and state) under the format “Request to Exercise ARCO Rights”.
This information is essential to send you back the response to the ARCO Request;
- II. Documents proving your identity (copy of IFE, passport, professional certificate or immigration document), or if necessary, documents proving your legal representation (copy of the IFE, passport, professional certificate or immigration document);
- III. A clear and accurate description of those personal data for which you seek to exercise any of the ARCO Rights, and;
- IV. Any document or information that facilitates the location of your personal data;
- V. If you request a correction of data, you must also indicate the modifications to be made and provide documentation supporting your request (e.g. birth certificate, proof of address, document affiliation issued by the IMSS, documentation requested for any modifications to the SSN, etc.)
The Privacy Officer will respond to your request to exercise your ARCO Rights and the reason of his/her decision via certified mail (extra cost) or in his/her corporate office (or Unit), within a maximum period of 20 business days from the day in which he/she received your request to exercise your ARCO Rights. If the Request to Exercise ARCO Rights is answered affirmatively or it is considered appropriate, the requested changes will be made within a maximum period of 15 business days. The periods referred to in this paragraph may be extended, only once, for an equal period if necessary.
The Responsible may deny access (the “Negative”) to your ARCO rights in the following cases:
- I. When you are not the owner of the personal data or you are not duly identified for such request;
- II. When the personal data in question is not in the Responsible’s Database;
- III. When the rights of a third party are violated;
- IV. When there is a legal impediment or there is a resolution of a competent legal authority restricting your ARCO rights, and;
- V. Whenever the rectification, cancellation or opposition has been previously carried out.
The Negative answer may be just partial, in which case, the Responsible will access, make the rectification, cancellation or opposition on the data to be amended The exercising of the ARCO rights shall be carried out for free, but if you reiterated your request in a period of less than twelve months, the costs will be of three days of general minimum wage in effect in the Federal District, plus VAT, unless there are substantial changes to the Privacy Notice because of new requests to exercise the ARCO Rights. You must cover the costs of shipping and in copies or other formats used.
Please note that your personal data may be transferred within and outside the country, to third parties other than the Responsible if it´s congruent with the purpose of data processing and the legal nature of the relationship between you and the Responsible.
The Responsible reserves the right to change, at any time, to modify or to update this Privacy Notice, under the understanding that any amendments thereto will be shared with you by posting a notice on the website of the Responsible, so we recommend checking it frequently. Pan-American System – Legal Department of the General Secretariat.
If a security breach occurred at any stage of the processing of personal data that may significantly affect your pecuniary or moral rights, the Privacy Officer will communicate immediately, via the website, the event of a breach of security for that you can take appropriate necessary measures for the defense of your rights.
Last updated on August 23, 2021